DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Aaargh!!!

So Scarlett's climbing out of her crib now. We videotaped her to see how she does it and it's quite the process! So, needless to say, the last two nights we've been woken up by little feet coming into our room and then a loud "BAAA" noise. Which is Scarlett speak for "Wake up!!!" I honestly don't know what to do. I think she's too young for a big-girl bed. I don't think she can comprehend the idea of staying in her own room, especially if she has unlimited access to the rest of the house. I was thinking about a crib tent, but I'm afraid she'll freak out. But I'm more afraid that she's going to hurt herself climbing out of her crib in the middle of the night. AHHH. Just when you think you have things figured out....

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm wondering when Mom's ever get to say "now, there I have it all figured now!"

How bout baby-gating the door to her room? Maybe with another blanket and pillow by the door?

Good luck! My boys never figured out the crawling out thing, S must just be extra smart. :)

Growininwillows said...

I thought about putting Justin in his own bed, but the Dr. advised not until he crawls out...and then do it for sure for safety...I too am dreading that day...since my son gets up at 5AM....and 3AM this morning.....see, it could be worse :)

Anonymous said...

Lauren and I chuckled over this climbing out of the crib business!! We've been there!! Kyla did the same thing...even unlocked our front door and was heading out! Thankfully we woke up and caughter her. We were so concerned for her safety!! Yes...we did the crib tent! Worked wonderful. she loved it! It was her little space, and she accepted her "boundaries" wayyyyy easier than we expected. She was very happy when it was night time to be inside her crib tent. We all rested MUCH easier after that. I talked to the pediatrician the next "well check up visit"....he laughted when I told him what we had to do. He said he brought a croup tent home from the hospital because one of his kids did the same thing! (she was presently 35 yrs old ...he said back then they didn't have "crib tents"....so in desparation, he brought home a croup tent they used in the hospital). So don't feel bad...it's better to keep that little sweetheart safe! You'll rest much better.

Sandy