DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Okay, I admit it

I'm the worst blogger ever! My only excuse is that late pregnancy is agonizing (and I mean that as dramatically as possible) and that I think I have every uncomfortable symptom there is.
Anyway, here's a list of things that have been said to me lately that I think some might find amusing, some might sympathize with and others might not get the big deal about:

1. Bagger at grocery store: "Looks like you got a big load there."
2. Co-worker of Juan's and someone at meeting: "You carryin' twins??"
3. A sympathetic, nice lady: "Oh honey, aren't you due yet? You look so uncomfortable."
4. Stranger in Wal-Mart (which explains a lot, actually): "That's gonna be a big baby."
5. My mom: "[The above comments] are actually compliments. They mean you look pregnant, not fat." (What???!!)


So I technically have two weeks left, but I won't cry if the baby comes out sooner. Other than the dirty dishes in the sink, I feel ready. Oh, and a quick aside, since this is how my brain works these days: I've recently started ironing Juan's work shirts and pants instead of dropping them off at the dry-cleaner and it's really annoying work. Who can possibly enjoy this? I feel like wrapping a kerchief around my hair and calling myself Bessie.

Here's some new worries:
1. The baby will actually be a boy, who will look pretty ridiculous in the pink going-home outfit I have packed.
2. The baby will be eleven or twelve pounds and look like a hamhock.
3. I will lose completely my already thin grasp on a clean house.
4. My cats will feel neglected.
5. Poop, lots and lots of poop.

Next time I'll post some pictures of me (because I love the "big load" comments) and some random pics of the baby's room, etc. I'm a little too lazy right now to find the camera. More later, folks!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, pictures please :) I haven't seen you since the shower and you MUST have gotten bigger! The comments you are getting are hilarious. I like your #5 worry!! Have fun with it! :)

Amy said...

You want to know my take on those comments? Having endured all of the same TWICE.. it is my opinion that the media has us all convinced that term pregnancy should actually look the way most of us look at 6 months. People just don't know what 10 months looks like anymore! Now just wait till you have the baby and 3 months down the road they ask when you're due. Yes that happened. Because people also don't know what normal-non-britney-don't-have-trainer-or-nanny post partum looks like either!!!!

JUST ENJOY THE BABY AND KICK THE REST OF THEM IN THE SHINS! Except your mom of course.

Grahamcracker said...

Poop is funny when it happens to other people! At least the baby will be wiped down before you hold her!

Gina said...

Oh Honey you give me the giggles. You are going to be awesome and your little girl is not going to be a ham anything. Everything Amy says is true and then some, so put on your pointy shoes and get ready to kick all the meanies out there.

Shana said...

I just saw you tonight and thoroughly enjoyed your company and now I'm enjoying your blog! You totally crack me up! To use a word my mom reserves for those brainiacs out there! What a bunch of "nimrods!" Also, don't worry about the house or the poop! It's all okay because you'll have the sweetest little girl (I'm sure it's a girl, but I had the same fear that I was going to bring a little boy home in pink to his pink room too) that makes everything else insignificant, especially the lame comments! :)

Shana said...

P.S. Ham hocks are cute!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Cari, did you read about the baby that was 14 pounds and 22 inches long in Mexico!!! Now that's not too encouraging is it, but I'm sure you're going to have a normal size baby, and just smile at those 'nimrods' and tell them to "get a life", for Pete's sakes, people can be soooo rude!!! Luv, Chloe's grammyzee:):):)

log52 said...

My least favorite comment about anything having to do with my pregnancies or my little ones, was "I'm sure glad it's YOU and not ME." !!! :) Your sense of humor is so healthy and will get you through! With wishes for you for an early delivery, Lois

Anonymous said...

Cari I have to get in on this since I now have to 'bjorn' him around when we go to stores (he's too big for the bucket and can't sit up in the cart yet).
Yesterday I was in the grocery store and got these comments:
"Wow looks like a big job you got there"
"What a handsome baby, good thing you have him facing out"
and the list goes on...

All I have to say is that this kid better learn to sit up on his own now!

PS while you have a moment you must go and get a mani/pedi, a haircut, and that last stroll through Target to buy whatever pleases YOU. :)

Cari said...

Mya,
Do you use a baby bjorn? We got one for our shower and I'm wondering if it's as good as everyone says they are..!

Cari said...

Mya,
Do you use a baby bjorn? We got one for our shower and I'm wondering if it's as good as everyone says they are..!

Anonymous said...

Cari-
I'm not really in love with it, but Kiron loves it...the one draw back in our house is that Grady is a busy body so he wants to look out, but then he realizes that he can't see the person carrying him and then he gets fussy. Yeah, the kid does call the shots, but you just wait, soon you'll be that person too! :)

xo