DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Well, It Ain't SO Bad!

For those of you who haven't been around me lately, you don't know that I've been complaining about work a lot lately. So, in order to defend myself against the vicious charge of whiner (and, coincidentally, in order to not grade papers) I will now make a list of reasons why work ain't so bad:

1. No one poops on me.
2. No one cries when I need to take a ten second bathroom break.
3. I can tell my students, "I'm not your mom. That's not my problem."
4. I can have a conversation about something other than slow-flow versus fast-flow nipples and Ferberizing.
5. I can surf the internet during "group-work." (Group-work is a teacher's best friend!)
6. I can stop at the store on my way home and not have to pull a two hundred pound car seat out and try to hoist it on a cart that doesn't quite fit it, so that it continually slips and I have to walk down the aisle with one hand on the carseat and one hand steering the cart.
7. I can wear shoes with heels and put mascara on.


See? Now I feel a little better!

4 comments:

Shana said...

I like your new layout!!! Did you do this during group work! :) Glad things are going good on the work front! :)

Anonymous said...

I like the new layout too! I've been wondering how the J-O-B was going for you! Sounds like you're making the best of it, so that's good...Thank goodness for an opportunity to wear heels and mascara post child!

Gina said...

I am giggling because I really do understand.

Anonymous said...

yes it's a trade-off no matter how how you do t. But I think Carola you have found a good balance between mothering (and being a wife) and your professional life. You have a lot of God given talents and I'm very glad you have chosen such a good way to use them thru teaching for the benefit of others.
So enjoy your full life and be well
Love
Pamela