DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, August 17, 2007

Back to Work!

Monday, August 20th is a red-letter day. Well, I'm leaving my precious (but at this very moment, farting!) baby behind while I dig deep into my closet to pull out a purse to exchange for the ever-present diaper bag. That's right, I'm going back to work! We spun by the school today to to pick up my class roster, check that my books were in the bookstore, pick up my mail, etc. I'm desperately trying to get my brain off of baby mood (I've been diagnosing poop color for 6 months now. How to suddenly start explaning what rhetoric means? And how to teach people how to do it??)

How do I feel, you may ask? Sad, because I'm worried that she's going to hate it when I leave, and sad because she might not hate it when I leave. Excited, because I get to talk to people about things I'm interested in, and excited because I'm teaching in a brand new building.

It's only 12 hours a week. What, you might say? That's barely gone at all! I'm guessing those 12 hours will feel like 120 hours and 10 minutes, all at the same time. And I guess that's just one of the wonderful contradictions that come along with motherhood.

PS Maui pictures to come!!

4 comments:

Gina said...

I feel you in SO many ways my friend. I went back this week and cried on and off during my 30 min. drive and this wasn't even my FIRST time back to work. I'll be thinking of you.
XOXO

Shana said...

You're gonna do great, and I can't wait to hear all the funny stories you'll have! Plus you know that Scarlett will be in the next to best hands ever! (yours being the best!) :) Good Luck! :)

Growininwillows said...

I feel for you .. 12 hours is about perfect for a working Mom....you still get out and into the world..and you are home most of the time. I quite work for the most part and it is great, but it is so nice to have some social time too...work was my social outing...so now I am home 99% of the time....thinking of you...

prrrof said...

nothing like commenting a month late...but teach on, sista rhetorica!!!