DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 11, 2007

He so crazy!

Last night we had a real mother of a storm, lots and lots of heavy rain. Juan and I, of course, loved it, although I managed to refrain from going out into the middle of the driveway and doing a dance. Juan, however couldn't help himself. Right in the worst part of the storm, Juan decides that he needs to clean out the gutters... apparently my brother Joe had scared him with some gutter story. (Funny what you find interesting as an adult... I think I spent maybe thirty seconds total in the first 26 years of my life thinking about rain gutters) Anyway, so Juan decides to go out in the pouring rain and clean the leaves out of the gutters. In SLIPPERS. I had to post the pictures, even though they don't demonstrate how ludicrous the situation really was.

P.S. No baby yet! I'm sure all you mothers are like, "Of course there's no baby yet. Who has time to post about rain gutters when there's a newborn in the house??"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Juan, you never cease to amaze me. With a grin and a good spirit just goin' at 'er!!!

Shana said...

Love it! Thinking back on the call from Juan last night, there was a bit of panic/excitement in his voice! By the way, I'm now hoping baby V decides to wait it out until next week sometime! :) Hope your week is wonderful! Hope I don't miss it, but if I do we're stopping at your house before we even get home!! :)

Anonymous said...

Where's that baby???!!!!

Paula Jo said...

Cari darling, I am thinking of you! I love the photos of Juan. We had the very same scenario last night at our house. Greg on the exact same ladder, in his rain jacket, pants rolled up to his knees in his Croc's getting pine needles our of our clogged gutter. Funny men we have married :) Take care of you. It's to bad babies have a mind of there own and come when they want. XOXOX

Anonymous said...

OH! So glad to hear of someone else that loves the rain!! Love the pictures. Hilarious. Can't wait to meet Baby Valdes!

Gina said...

You guys are a hoot!

Growininwillows said...

Great pictures. Enjoy your time before baby V comes. It is a lot of work with a newborn. Take up offers from your friends and family for help! Hope your Mom can stay with you too. I don't know what I would have done without Mom here for at least the few days she was. When I didn't know what to do with Justin, she took care of it. Thinking of you and can't wait to see pictures.

SoozeSchmooze said...

Hey...you are so right about gutters...but you could change it to when you are a home owner instead of when you are grown up..
lol...fun pictures...lol...what great attitude...Juan...keeping watch for the baby...but I missed the whole thing just because I was busy...how silly!! Congratulations!