DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, December 11, 2006

Things that must go!





1) Grillz. When I see one I do a doubletake, and my first reaction is to say, "You've got something on your teeth... ALL your teeth" and then I realize that it's purposeful, and that sometimes it even spells things-- like PLAYA or RICH. And I'm one of those weird people who don't like to do their reading while staring into someone's mouth.




Amendment: People who have grillz that are temporary, in which the person can slip it off like a retainer and toss it around on their tongue should be especially punished.

2. Creepy mini beauty pageant girls. There are so many things wrong with the picture below I don't know where to start: The crowns, first of all, look as if they could kill someone if launched at the right angle, the dresses look like they are made from papier-mache, and worst of all... why are these little girls holding piles of cash? Do they actually win MONEY for being the prettiest?

















3. Kids who mouth off to their parents, and parents who don't do a THING about it. In Old Navy the other night, there was a 3 year old girl who turned to her mother and said, "Callate!" Her mother's response? Rolling her eyes. Yowzas. I can't even tell you what colors I'd still be turning right now if I would have said such a thing. Course, my mom probably would have been like, "Wow, she speaks Spanish at three years old! I'm raising a genius!" and only later bothered to find out what "Callate!" means. (P.S. I can't do the upside down exclamation point-- I'm not forgetting my Spanish grammar)

4. Wal-Mart cashiers who comment on your purchases. "Sugar-Free candy, huh? Got the diabetes?" "Buying toilet paper? Didya run out or something?" "I've been meanin to try broccoli, but I don't like the vegetables that much."

P.S. As Mya pointed out, Wal-Mart is fine for the shopper, hard for the employee. So maybe we should give these people a break-- seeing what comes their way down the big black belt may be the only thing they get out of bed for. Still, a little privacy, non? All hail the self-check out!

5. Big cardboard checks. What exactly do you do with these things? You'd look pretty silly walking into your bank with one of them, but on the other hand, they're usaully worth a nice chunk of change. But you don't want to be the person having to walk around with a huge piece of cardboard stuck under your arm, prompting people to say, "Whadya win?" And you're forcing yourself to have to go inside the bank: there's not an ATM in the world that can handle this monster. Which leads me to:
5 1/2. Bank hours. They're the same as working hours! You have to take off work early in order to go to the bank, which means (if you're hourly) you make less money to put IN the bank! It's a vicious circle.



















More to come, as I get more annoyed, I'm sure....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes part of me would have been proud at my precious baby girl speaking spanish but most of me would have been "hot" at the tone in which the word was used. You'll find out that it's not so much the word (by the way....what does it mean?....and why don't I know that...I'm more spanish than you) that is said but the way it is said. It's the makeup on those little girls that get me. Why on earth would any parent want their little girl looking "attractive" and grown-up. love u lots....mom

Gina said...

And how about piercing little babies ears...I saw a little girl no more than like a month old having it done at the mall. It made me so mad. Poor little thing.

Anonymous said...

Callate is a command and means "shut up" in Spanish. Its shocking to think that a mother would allow a little 3-year-old to tell her to "shut up." Can you imagine this child at 15?!? YIKES!

On the opposite side, it breaks my heart and makes me want to cry when I see some "adult" screaming those kinds of things at a hapless child, and to see the look of terror on their faces. The results of this kind of verbal abuse is devastating well into adulthood. Prisons do not house well-adjusted adults, generally. Sad isn't it?