DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

12 Random Confessions

1. I know I'm ready for my job to end (it ends this Friday!) because I'm starting to get irritated when people ask me to do my job. I feel put out, like "geeeez, FINE. Guess you want me to do EVERYTHING," when it's really just my job.

2. The prenatals ended last night and, despite all my complaning, I was actually kind of sad.

3. I had to write an essay on "The Role of the Community College and the Nature of Its Students" and I used lots of big words and fancy syntax to distract from the fact that I have really nothing to say. An example: "The sheer diversity of students must naturally mandate a wide breadth of curriculum." And I think "wide breadth" might be redundant.

4. Last night we had to change a diaper on a doll, but it doesn't feel like real practice because the whole time I was doing it Juan was squeezing its head together to make its eyes bug out like a fish.

5. I've been having a hard time lately with my "its" and "it's." I think I subconsciously want to be back in ninth grade grammar.

6. I didn't wash out my cereal bowl this morning, so when I get home the Raisan Bran will have glued itself to the sides.

7. It just took me three or four tries to spell "raisan" correctly.

8. I don't like one of my students simply because he smells. He's a perfectly nice guy and he's always very polite, but there's a part of me that can't completely be won over by someone who doesn't shower.

9. I'm thinking of going back for my PhD simply for the job aspect. It feels like money for nothing.

10. I'm starting to really like the name "Evangeline" for the baby. I think "Vangie" is a cute nickname, but Juan says it sounds like a venereal disease. It's really weird, having to agree on a baby name with another person. It completely eliminates all the names I spent those college nights dreaming up with my girlfriends.

11. At Davis, I often took the bus to school and was always a little jealous of the student drivers because they got to drive a big ol' bus and talk to a bunch of people. I told everyone that I wanted to drive a bus and my dad started to worry a little bit, like I was going to throw away my "edumacation."

12. I don't really like it when people say "edumacation" but I just did.

6 comments:

Gina said...

Hey Carola what's your due date? I forget. Thanks for this post it gave me the giggles. I needed it. Great visual of Juan and the popping eyes...poor little girl.

Cari said...

Due date is February 15th. Feels like it's coming up waaay too fast!

Gina said...

You are gonna be a great Mommy...relax during your leave.

Amy said...

hey that's our anniversary! I like evangeline, tho Juan may have a point on the nickname... how bout just eva? a shout out to nana and all.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it Raisin??? :) You goof. My sister's going with Camilla. . . don't you steal it! Later, Landry

Cari said...

oh, my gosh, it IS raisin. I'm really embarassed. And a little shocked that no one else caught my huge mistake. Camilla's a gorgeous name, I'm sorry I didn't think of it... :)