DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 13, 2006

Just Startin' Out...

Hi Guys! So I'm officially blogging. I resisted this for a long time (don't ask me why, cause I've been on myspace for over a year... it's not like I have standards) but here I am, setting up a blog for our little family. I'm at work (don't ask me why I'm not working, knowing me should be enough of an answer for that!) so there won't be any pictures this time around, although they should come soon.

So here's an update on our lives:
In May, we moved from Davis back to Elk Grove, and it's really nice to be near my family and friends again. Davis certainly wasn't the moon, but it was far enough way to miss out on all the spontaneous get togethers and game nights!
Juan is teaching 7th and 8th grade English at California Middle School in Land Park, and he's been recently made the Leadership teacher, which makes him busier, but I think he has fun, too.
I'm working at Woodland Community College as an instructional assistant, which means I hold office hours for twenty hours a week and try to teach grammar, rhetoric and composition. It's not the most exciting job, but it's what I signed up for! I graduated in May from UC Davis with my MA, and it's looking like I'll be able to segueway this job into a full time teaching position. Yay me!
We both love being in education because of all the perks: Read: TIME OFF. Those of you who know us know we love to travel. Which makes sense, since we met in London! This summer we went to Guatemala and Honduras for a month and we've had tons of little weekend trips since then. We're trying to get all the traveling we can in before Baby Girl Valdes comes in February!
And that, perhaps, is the biggest news. Sometime around Valentine's Day we're expecting a little pink bundle. We're really excited, although we've done nothing to prepare other than shop. Here's hoping we have a baby's room by February!

So that's all the news on our little happy lives. Stay tuned for pictures and I'll try to keep you entertained with my rapacious wit and sparkling repartee.

5 comments:

Shana said...

I know you will!!! Keep us entertained, that is! Can't wait for more!

Shana said...

P.S. isn't it funny that you got me onto myspace, and I do believe I have encouraged/pushed you to do a blog!!! :)

Paula Jo said...

Fun! Can't wait for photos. Alyssa thinks Feb 10th is a good day for a baby girl to be born! Welcome to the Blogers world

amelia said...

Cari I am so stoked that you started a blog!! I am still debating it myself... This means that I can see what is going on with you and Jaun and not bother you.
He!He! Yeah!!! I hope that you are both well.. Talk to you soon...
xoxo~ Amelia

Gina said...

Yeah...more girl babies in this world...Boone is even learning to like pink ;)